Saturday, May 16, 2009

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome readers to my first blog! I am not usually very good at keeping up with these things(procrastination is a habit that did not seem to go away when I graduated from college!). I will try my best though. Before I delve into why I started this blog, I guess I will tell you a little about myself...

As the title suggests, I am a recent graduate from college, more specifically Bryan College in Dayton, TN. No, I did not just graduate, it has been year since then. A lot of things change after finishing up college...it's quite the transition. You don't really notice the difference right when you get out, you are too busy celebrating and enjoying freedom from the papers and exams that dogged you for those many endless semesters. But after a year, I have seen a lot of the challenges that life after college brings. And it has not been easy, but one thing I know above all things: That God is still good and He is always here.

This blog is going to be a mixture of different things. I am not one for writing about every single event of my life online, nor am I one to go on rants on everything I don't agree with. My plans for this blog is to post my thoughts on various subjects.

One of the areas I will cover in this blog are things that God has been teaching me lately. Following God in the world we live in is never easy, but He is always there to lead us the right way, we simply just need to follow His lead. One of the ways we can make it through this life is by helping one another through encouragement and prayer. Being a youth ministry graduate from Bryan, I know God's call on my life is to reach out to teenagers with the awesome truth of His Word. I pray that God will use this blog to do just that. I simply want to be honest and truthful in this blog with stories and truths that God has shown me through His Word. It is my hope and prayer that it will encourage and strengthen those who read it.

Being a typical trait of many young adults, (alright most young men!) I spend some time playing video games. So sometimes on here, I will post my reviews of recent video games I have played. Along with these reviews, I will sometimes post my thoughts on the latest news from the video game industry. This industry more than any other these days is continuing to gain momentum and popularity and it is interesting to watch how it changes. It is especially interesting for the Christian gamer(Christians who are gamers) , we have to be discerning about what games we play and why we play them. I will explain this further in a future blog.

I will also try to keep up with current events and post my thoughts on them from a Biblical perspective. Being a fallible, sinful human being, I can have the wrong idea or can make the wrong assumption on something. So any comments or thoughts are much appreciated.

So there are the reasons for filling up this space in this Internet. Thanks for taking the time to read this blog! See you next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment