Monday, April 22, 2013

Great is His faithfulness!!

Something I have been learning lately is how faithful God really has been in our lives.

Just before the month of April hit, things were going pretty smoothly. Jenni and I were both were working quite a bit, but we were doing well. I also have really tried to work on communicating with God more and reading His Word. I have been more consistent with that and I have been having some really good conversations with my Heavenly Father while I would be driving home from work. 

During one of these conversations, I really felt God telling me something in my heart: Be ready for change. I am not one of those crazy hyper spiritual people who find Jesus's face in toast, I do believe that God speaks through the Holy Spirit. And He is not one who misleads. So I took a deep breath and said "Alright, Lord, I am following your lead." 

The next day(I am not joking), change did happen. I made my way to work that morning. About the time that Jen was heading my way to drop something off, I got two texts from her saying the car was having issues. I knew the car was running rough(after 20 years and 230k+, it should be!) but I did not think it was going to have issues so soon. I gave her a call and headed to where she was. 

I pulled up and she looked at me and said "It's gone". The car had a cracked head gasket, and had made its last trip. 

Here is the crazy and awesome thing though. This day had also been the first day that Jenni had changed to first/second shift permanently for the first time in two years. God was watching out for us. The fact the same day she changed to having a normal schedule was the same day the car went kaput is no coincidence, it is the faithfulness of God. 

Many would look at this situation and find a reason to complain about the hardship and inconvenience of just one car. I see it as a proof of God's faithfulness and His desire for me to grow. 

We plan out our week, where we need to go and what we need to do. Jenni and I have been able to spend more time together and grow closer, which is always a good thing. 

So down to one car...alright Lord, that was a big one. And He wasn't done yet.

The next month(again, His timing), I am looking through student loans one evening, wondering how in the world I was going to be able to save any money for the future. I prayed to the Lord and asked Him the same question. Following that prayer, I felt an enormous sense of peace. God has got it, nothing to worry about.

I was just not aware of how fast things were going to change.

The next week, I had three people talk to me about job opportunities! I could not believe it! I revised my resume and sent it out. One of the resumes I sent out was for a local company looking for a service/help desk technician. The individual I spoke to said "He would get back to me." I knew the drill, it would be a week, maybe a month...he called me back 20 minutes after I sent the email!! We set up a time for an interview, and a couple weeks later, I was heading to a new job with consistent hours, higher pay, and my own office! Seriously, when did I become grown up enough for that?!?!?

Now several months later, I am still learning a lot at my new job, but am getting better as time goes by. Jen and I are covered under insurance, which just blows my mind!

Again, God has been so incredibly faithful and I am so incredibly grateful to my eternal Father.

The main lesson I have pulled out of this so far is that nothing can match the faithfulness of God! Lamentations 3:22-23- The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself ,"The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" 

Even in the most difficult times, I challenge you to take a change in perspective. God uses every situation to help us grow to become more like Him. Sometimes, that takes being challenged and refined. The process is never an easy one, but the benefits well exceed any temporary discomfort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment